Blog Archive

Sunday 12 August 2007

evil weed

After what has seemed like an endless summer of rain, the sun has at last showed up late in a blaze of soil baking hot glory. So I thought I should take advantage and get back out to my garden which has been well watered over the last couple of months and it seems the weeds like it that way. I planted cabbages, parsnips and potatoes but it seems I'm growing mostly poppies and nettles. So this winter instead of tucking into hearty stew, I'll be serving nettle soup in my opium den. In working with nature, one has to adapt.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
up in the hills, Co Durham
tree climber, painter, stilt walker, musician. After 20 years of city life and all the late nights and fun, returned to my country-boy roots. Open fires, tranquility and muddy boots.